Bartell was founded by Art Bartell in 1946 as a machine tool and die shop. Bartell began to manufacture concrete finishing power trowels for the local construction industry in the mid 1960’s and quickly became the dominant supplier to the Canadian market.
In the 1970’s Art’s son, Lee Bartell, initiated the international export of Bartell products to Europe and the United States. In the late 1980’s Lee Bartell took over the business and built the custom facility in Brampton, Ontario.The 1990’s saw expansion of sales into South America, Australia and the Far East. In September of 1999 Lee sold the business to Terex Corporation and it became Terex Bartell Ltd.
In March 2007, the company returned to private Canadian ownership, a change lead by Tom Foskett, former GM of Terex Bartell, John Locke and a select group of managers. With the addition of the Morrison line of products, the company emerged as Bartell Morrison Inc.
The company’s product lines consist of Bartell walk behind power trowels, ride-on power trowels, vibratory plate compactors, surface preparation machines, cut-off saws, and diamond blades. Over the years we’ve grown and expanded our markets to a world wide scope. We’ve also expanded our product lines to offer a full complement of equipment for the entire concrete industry.